Early Realisations

Looking out from behind these eyes
The room is darkened around the edges 
Faces I don’t know stare at me and their watches
My chest is heavy, tight
Everything feels a little further away than it should as I am prodded with needles and passed through machines. 
The tension palpable. 
A face I know so well leans in, kisses my forehead and in his eyes I see more fear than I’ve ever seen. 
I try to speak but the words won’t come
My eyes heavy now, my mind floating somewhere near unconsciousness. 
I am terrified yet unwilling to believe that life could be so cruel, again, 
I was wrong. 


(I was recently in hospital for a month following a stroke, I will write more about that but want to share a couple of poems I wrote while in there.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Stroke Story

Its been a while

The History of me!