Its been a while... again!

Hope anyone reading this is keeping safe in this continuing covid madness. I got my two vaccines in the Summer so am waiting on my booster. 

Health wise I've been, touch wood, ok! Usual levels of pain and fatigue nothing added on. I did get two pieces of good news since last time I posted though. 

Firstly my kidney, while shriveled up, is working at 80% so no need to worry for the time being also somehow over the months the bits of stone left have passed so I'm stone free which surprised me as I still get pain in my kidney area but the actually nice and patient doctor I saw in July said its probably residual pain to do with my fibromyalgia. He was so good and went though my old scans etc. to show me the differences in my kidney before and after everything. They'll be keeping an eye on my kidney yearly for more issues and stones and to watch the cyst I have on the same kidney. Other kidney is fine.

Secondly the ulcer and clot I had in my aorta for still no apparent reason has shrunk by 80% so I will be having another scan after Christmas to see if its smaller or gone completely. If its gone there is a possibly I will be moved from blood thinners to platelet therapy (things like aspirin) which would be great. Periods and blood thinners are a curse! 

As for the rest of my ailments they are chugging along as "normal". 

I have started to cycle again as I hadn't since I was a kid and when i started it found it very hard and had a little cry even. My balance which was never good was gone completely and my stroke affected leg is so much harder to get to do anything but I'm glad to say I'm doing an average of 3km a day (I take weekends off lol) and I'm enjoying the fact i feel more confident and stable on the bike than I did initially. 

Also my acquired brain injury therapy is going well and really helping me make sense of things. Brid is lovely and easy to talk to even over video chats and I cant praise Headway enough for this valuable tool in helping my recovery. It has helped knowing what parts of my brain were damaged etc to know why I have reactions to things the way I do etc.

Over the last few weeks or couple of months I have been experiencing something I have now named kerplunks. Possibly the fact we have all been locked down etc has meant I hadn't noticed this before but it is like my brain gets overwhelmed with sounds, movement, light etc. Feels almost like a panic attack but more like sensory overload. It has happened a few times now and finally I'm getting to notice the signs so I can remove the issue or remove myself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Stroke Story

Its been a while

The History of me!