Brain pan squishness.


Almost a year on from my brain pan squishness. 
Almost every night before I go to sleep little things come to me and honestly make me cry. 
Here are some of those things over the last couple of weeks. 

  • waking up that first morning confused as to where I was and why I couldn’t move.
  • Daves scared face looking at me in the ambulance as I was blue lighted to the Mater Hospital.
  • My family’s faces looking pale, tired and terrified the first time they saw me.
  • Staring at the ceiling the first day when my family and Dave were gone and saying over and over, “this is not happening”
  • Not being able to breath and coughing up blood (hospital acquired pneumonia from the surgery)
  • People lifting my right arm and dropping it over and over as I couldn’t hold it up but it hurt so much every time it landed
  • Being so thirsty while waiting on an MRI Left alone for 45 mins and being two feet from the cooler, may as well have been in space.
  • Being held down while they preformed a transesophageal echo on me
  • The kind nurse who washed my hair
  • The kind nurse who spent 30 minutes trying to draw blood rather than try find another vein as I begged not to have blood taken from my wrist
  • Being hoisted out of the bed into a chair
  • The minutes, hours and days I spent staring at my toes willing them to move.
  • Being lifted around like a bag of spuds for bed baths, changes, MRIs, cat scans, xrays, ultra sounds and on and on
  • Being talked about not too
  • Being told I’m an interesting case while I’m struggling to breathe, paralysed and scared
  • Losing control of my bladder for almost a week and having to wear a adult nappy and being changed. Meanwhile also having my period on blood thinners.
  • Drs scrapping my affected foot to try to get a reflex and really really hurting me cause I still had all sensation
  • Sitting in a wheelchair beside two other stroke survivors both in their 80s and they got up and walked with a zimmer and I was barely able to pull myself to sitting
  • Sitting at the end of the parallel bars and feeling like I was at the start of a marathon
  • Standing at the bottom of the three steps in physio wondering would I ever get up them as easy as I climbed steps before.
  • Hearing a patient being read her last rites in the ward

There are a million more moments as anyone whos spent any time in hospital for any period of time but felt good to get these ones outta my noggin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Stroke Story

Its been a while

The History of me!