Eight weeks post stroke

Tonight it will be eight weeks since I had my stroke and while physically I'm doing much better bar my toes who don't seem to want to improve, mentally I'm still exhausted most of the time. I get little bursts of energy and then over do it and crash again but I think I'm getting the balance a little better. Its like I'm having a prolonged fibro flare energy wise which is hard.
Physiologically I don't know how I am doing. One minute I'm up, the next I am crashing into darkness and holding back tears. I don't know if its a common thing with brain injuries like strokes or whether its the seriousness of it all, the brush with death and paralysis. Maybe its a little of both but its hard to deal with especially when you feel abandoned by most of those that call themselves friends, those that wanted to see me laying in a hospital bed unable to move or speak at my lowest ebb seemed to lose interest when I got home. Maybe that is part of my melancholy. The couple of people who have come to see me are the ones I knew would and it was wonderful to see them, talk to them, laugh with them. I'm still unable to drive and with Dave back at work it can get kinda cabin fevery here.
I cant believe when I look back at the last 8 weeks how much I got through, honestly I have no clue other than I had no choice.With the support and love of Dave and my family I'm trying to get my head straight, if it ever was, and hopefully I'll feel more like me again soon.
XX

Comments

  1. Hi Katy
    I am so sorry to hear about your recent poor health I hope you are on the mend, thinking of you much love to you and Dave..

    Respectfully Greeno

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Stroke Story

Its been a while