Aniversary

At about 8.00pm this day last year having had a procedure on my kidney I began to cough in recovery, when I did so I would pee a little which isn’t something that happens me normally.
At about 8.30 I realised though I could feel my leg I couldn’t move it at all. I honestly didn’t think to much about cause my body is odd but thankfully Dave told a nurse who called for a doctor . By the time he arrived I could no longer move my arm an ambulance was called and took 2 hours to arrive.
I remember that ambulance ride, the driver was going so fast that every time her had to hit the breaks I felt as it my brain would pop out the top of my skull.
I was brought straight to resus.
My blood pressure was through the roof and my oxygen level was ridiculously low.
I don’t remember much after about that night that just faces I didn’t know moving over me, being lifted into various machines, not being able to breathe, Dave talking to me. I remember hearing them tell him they could only give me the clot busting medicine that would stop the stroke within 4 hours of stroke. All these memories are dark at the edges, it seemed like the whole place had tuned down the lights. Maybe they had! I do remember opening my eyes at one point and everyone was looking from me to the clock or their watches as time ticked by. 6 minutes to the dead line the call came down.
That’s all I remember until the next morning waking up and seeing Daves worried face.
It’s been a year now and it can still make me feel like I can’t breathe when I think of it all.
It was one of the worst nights of my life and unfortunately wasn’t the last one in the coming days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Stroke Story

Its been a while

Eight weeks post stroke